Prayer is critical for the sustainability of the Church Ambassador Network. There are many possible components of establishing prayer in the network. Directors, team members, pastors, steering committee members, and legislators can and should commit to prayer. Some suggestions have been presented earlier in this manual. Other suggestions include the following:
- If 7:14 is an international prayer ministry that calls the Lord’s people to daily prayer for revival at 7:14 in the morning and 7:14 in the evening. It is based on 2 Chronicles 7:14, “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” The best way to start If 7:14 is to download the app for yourself and commit to praying at 7:14 in the morning and evening. You will receive a reminder at those times to pray.
- Include prayer in emails. Prayers can be for governing authorities as wells as specific needs. Establishing a system to pray for every legislator and governing authority during each year is critical.
- Produce prayer cards for pastors and for legislators. Encourage pastors to pray for governing authorities. Also encourage legislators to pray for pastors. Use pictures if possible.
- Promote an annual special prayer event for pastors at the capitol. This event can be promoted through Christian radio and can also be a way to encourage pastors who have not come to the capitol before.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
- Promote prayer events sponsored by other like-minded organizations.