“At the same time that my sanity was restored, my honor and splendor were returned to me for the glory of my kingdom. My advisers and nobles sought me out, and I was restored to my throne and became even greater than before. Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.”
- The Head of State is the role model of the nation. Their role is to lead by example.
- This is a key role of any shepherd. Peter talks about elders of the Church leading by example in 1 Peter 5. Paul calls for us to imitate him as he imitates Christ.
- The king is the chief example for the nation.
- In the Book of Jonah, we see the king of Nineveh use his power as head of state:
- When word reached the king that God was going to judge the Assyrian Empire, the king led by example by taking off his royal robes and repenting in ashes. After modeling this, he asked the nation to do the same.
- When they did. God relented.
- The head of state of America is the president of the United States. Governors are the head of state for each of the states.